Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lidocaine = Striking

Some of you may know that I have a roommate who is a physician. I have been having this pain in my right arm for several weeks. The sharpest pain are around my right wrist and elbow. I didn't pull any muscle nor did I injure myself from an accident. I explained in detail during my diagnosis about how I have to stretch my hand every few minutes when I use the computer to get rid of the tightness and numbness.

The doctor roommates' scrutiny has confirmed that I have Carpel-Tunnel Syndrome and something called "Golfer's Elbow". I'm sure you all have heard of CTS, but Golfer's Elbow? Its basically "Tennis Elbow", but instead of the outer part of the elbow, its the inside elbow joint that throbs pain.

I later confessed that I stay up late at night & play Counter-Strike, a very popular online first-person shooting video game, until the wee hours of the morning. I have been doing it for years, and we're talking 4-5 years. You heard it right, 4-5 years. Not many knew of this because in order to keep the noise level down, I wear headphones. Its the same concept as X-Box Live or any other internet games where you compete against other players. The constant movement of the mouse is what caused this "illness", if you will. Left-button "fire", Right-button "zoom", scroll to switch weapons, mouse is used to aim & move @ 360 degrees.

I thought only those chicks who does data-entry at the Social Security Office can get Carpel-Tunnel Syndrome. I was injected with Lidocaine and some form of steroid to fight the pain. I also wear a wrist brace throughout the night. Movement of my right arm has be restricted until it show signs of improvement, GREAT.

The point of this story? You can't take the Asian out of me, in your face!!!!!!!

No comments: