Thursday, February 22, 2007

Top 5 Burger Joints

So I was at the gym this morning working out, getting in shape, but pondering over a debate occurred a few days ago in my living room. My roomates and I were trying to figure out "What are the top 5 burgers in this world?" When I say "world" I really destined California, even Los Angeles.

Keep in mind that a) everyone has a distinct burger taste, so my rankings are for my taste buds. I like to think my taste buds have been skillfully experienced. Most importantly, b) there are three types of burgers; fast-food burger, gourmet burger, and diner/restaurant burgers. I included all 3 types in the following (any random order):

1) Houstons Restaurant - Quality, taste, portion, freshness of the vegetables, doughy burger buns; everything you ask for. Make sure you add bacon. Oh yeah, bring $20.00 because unfortunately after tax & tip, that's what the cost is.

2) Carl's Jr. - Double Western Cheeseburger might have 4 trillion calories, but it is one of the world's best burgers. If you like Onion Rings, BBQ Sauce, and bacon (who doesn't), this is up your alley.

3) Chili's - The Classic Burger at Chili's is one of a kind. I believe its actually a 1/3 lb burger cooked to your likings and build to cater your needs. Someday I will request Chili's to change their theme song from "Chillliiiiiiii's... babyback rriiiiiibsss" to "Chillliiiiii's... Classic Burger".

4) Pink's - Whoa! In your face! You thought Pinks was the legendary Los Angeles Restaurant located in the heart of Hollywood that has being there since 1939 and whenever you are on La Brea Blvd you can't help but to notice 5 trillion people standing in line even at 2:30am so you and your friends decided to be cool and stand in line for 45 minutes to get a chili dog w/ cheese or a 12 inch jalapeno dog w/ extra cheese. Wrong. Pinks has one of the greatest burgers around, the double pastrami cheeseburger. Double pastrami cheeseburger, that's all I have to say, I'm done.

5) Fatburger - From Baby fat to Double King, they have the juicest
patties around. However, my word of advice is to not visit the store on Venice Blvd in West L.A. I really think they have 3 day old buns, always a bit dry and usually breaks after your second bite. Lastly, if you really feel like a man, take a drive to Ventura and visit the Fatburger on Victoria Ave. Yes it is a Magic Johnson owned Fatburger. They offer a Triple King and if you finish it, a photo of you will be displayed on their wall of fame.

Honorable mentions:

In N' Out (Double-double)
Father's Office - Santa Monica
The Habit - Sherman Oaks & Encino
Colima Burger - Walnut
The Hat - Southern California

No comments: