Thursday, March 22, 2007

Breakfast of Champions


Most of you did not know this, but I really enjoy Lox & Bagels in the morning. If I had it my way, I would have Lox & Bagels as the second choice of daily breakfast behind breakfast burritos, slightly above pancakes/fresh toast/waffle/anything else with maple syrup. It is completely fulfilling, yet re-freshing. Freshly baked bagel with plain cream cheese, onions, sliced tomatoes and, alas, capers. Capers, a.k.a flower buds, an acquired taste for many, is the KEY for a solid lox & bagel breakfast. They can't be too salted because it takes away that pungent flavor.

I'll let you in on a secret; I actually don't like bread a whole lot, and I don't really care for cream cheese. What I mean is I would never have bagels and cream cheese in any other occasion. I have Lox & Bagel at least twice a week. My parents just came back from Vancouver and brought back some of the world's best lox, salmon country.

Please make sure the bagel is slightly burnt on one-side before consuming. Using a skillet instead of a toaster can really help.

Sincerely,

Dave Kaoboresteinberg.

No comments: