Wednesday, March 7, 2007

"That's What Friends Are For...."

I can hear Dionne Warwick's voice playing on KOST 103.5FM. I wonder if Dionne was thinking of the same thing as I am when she wrote that song. Although it is a wedding anthem, most people do not know the true definition of this song, meals. Friends are great when they visit because you eat like there are seven tomorrows...... That's what friends are for....

I am always excited whenever I have friends visiting from out of town. Catching up with old pals is just routine by definition. You either take them to places they have never been or revisit their favorite places from the past. This time is no different, I have a friend in town who used to live in Los Angeles who happens to love meat, who happens to love the same restaurants as I do, who happens to be in town this week, SCORE!

He made it clear prior to his arrival that it is imperative I make reservations at the following places for his week long sojourn:

Monday - Mastro's Steakhouse

Tuesday - Fogo De Chao

Wednesday - Katana Sushi

Thursday - Koi Sushi Restaurant

Friday - Mr. Chow Chinese Restaurant

I then made the following b0ld statement:

"This is the greatest week of my life!"

It is a week that cost an arm and a leg, but hey, great food, seeing old friends, great food, great food, great food (that's 4 "great foods", good til Thursday) AND SOME MORE GREAT FOOD (Now that's "Great Food = 5, Seeing Old Friends = 1, Great Food Wins!).

I am willing to make the week long sacrifice, my arms were twisted. I started this blog around 5:15a.m. only because I was completely stuffed from Mastro's Steakhouse and Fogo De Chao in the last 48 hours. The worse part of this is I tossed and turned and could not fall back to sleep. My boiler was so stuffed that I wanted to take a plunger and pump my belly button, so I went to the gym at 6 a.m. The best part of this is its only Wednesday!

Its now 8:30 a.m., only 12 hours before my Wednesday meal at Katana. I feel like I am in an Indian wedding, a week long celebration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.