Wednesday, March 21, 2007

El Taco Perfecto

I now work in downtown and have been here a little over six weeks. The first advantage of working in downtown L.A. is that its surrounded by great eateries. For the past six weeks I have been on the search for the perfect Taco. I thought I found it at El Gran Burrito on the corner of Vermont & Santa Monica two weeks ago. But, where I went earlier this morning was the lock, "El Taurino" on the corner of Hoover & Olympic.

I've probably been to 10 different taquerias in the past 6 weeks, El Taurino has the perfect meat. Not too greasy but not too dry. Portions are not too large but not too shy. The tortillas are not too soggy but not burnt. The Salsa is not too watered down and has just enough kick to spark the throat. Service, who cares? Lastly, the horchata is not too sweet and doesn't have all that residue on the bottom of the cup.

Overall experience: 10 out of 10. Go Try it.

No comments: