Tuesday, March 27, 2007

You No Hungry? I Hungry


I try to cook whenever I can, which is probably 3-4 times a week, twice on weekdays, twice during the weekend. I would have leftovers for lunch on the day after I've cooked something (I know, boring stuff). HOWEVER, the few days during the week that I eat out, my from the pad into Downtown is quite entertaining. I get to sit in traffic and think about what I want to eat for lunch.

Maybe I am hypoglycemic, maybe I have a tapeworm, maybe I have an addictive personality, maybe I am just chubby. For any reason, I enjoy "food thoughts", thus the "no lunch" rush hour traffic is extremely productive. My goal is to have a lunch place selected by the time I get to the office so I can work hard for a few hours before I take my lunch break. This may sound easy to you, but indecisiveness often plays a role. Los Angeles has too much to eat. I am overwhelmed that Chicago, not Los Angeles, is the fattest city in United States. If I wrote a Zagat recommendation book (maybe Kao-gat?), we'd burst right pass Chicago and re-name the city Chubb-Angeles.

Today was no different, I thought about lunch, and I thought about Dim Sum. My mind was already made up, I think I barely left the house garage. I knew it'd be a great day. Ocean Star on Broadway Blvd. in Downtown Chinatown. Chicken Feet, Siu Mai, Ha Gau, anything and everything, yum (I borrowed this picture).

Its quite the experience, the ladies were pushing their little carts faster than I could swallow my food. My table was bombarded with tens of aluminum trays.

Thirteen orders, $35.00, and 15 minutes latetr, I left Ocean Star Restaurant as a satisfied customer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're making my hungry.